I've been working on completing more Cisco networking certifications for a while.
Now I've finally got a complete lab setup that should cover me all the way through CCNP.
I've been accumulating hardware for the last several years, and my current kit is as follows:
- 3x Cisco 2821 Router - 2 on 12.4 and one on 15.1
- 1x Cisco 2950 L2 Switch - 12.4
- 1x Cisco Aironet 1252 - 12.4 Autonomous mode
- 1x Cisco 3524 L2 Switch - 12.4
- 1x Cisco 3550 L3 Switch - 12.4
I've got some modules in the 2821's that I'll be using later on, but that's for proper exam prep.
In the meantime, I'll be working on a few side projects with them, and hopefully I'll be able to learn a lot more about the hardware.
Learning low level networking has really helped me in working with client/server relationships when programming, I highly recommend it to anyone if they're interested in learning about it.
CCNP here we go.